Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications Download PDF – Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications Download PDF Book
Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications Where Can I Download Free Pdf?
You can download the relevant book on our site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you want to download Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications , you are at the right place! You can download pdf without ads and in the fastest way, and you can access the pdf file you downloaded whenever you want.
Is PDF Safe to Download?
All the books added to our site are the ones with SAFE status. Our books do not contain any bad content. All added pdf books are first scanned by the Most Reliable Virus Scanning programs and then added to our site. In addition, it is scanned daily with the most preferred and most reliable Virus Programs on the market. As of 2017, the number of pdf found harmful is “0”.
How Can I Download Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications for Free?
We have added the PDF File of the Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications Book and other files with extensions to the download link below for you, our esteemed student brothers. You can easily download and use the Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications book, which belongs to Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications from the link below.
Synopses & Reviews
“In North America, there are few places where we have been able to achieve a lasting balance among land use activities, facilities, and environment. . . Planning. . . has been transformed into a bureaucratic process made up of inventories, checklists, and permits, which asks for little understanding of the landscape’s true character.
The route to finding the true character of the landscape lies in understanding the way land functions, changes, and interacts with the life it supports. . . Landscape planning must do more than respond to mere shapes and features but must also respond to the processes themselves.”––William Marsh, from the introduction to Chapter 3
This authoritative text provides comprehensive coverage of the key methods and techniques involved in landscape planning. The Fourth Edition is extensively updated and revised to incorporate the rapid expansions taking place in this field. By focusing on landscape processes, systems, forms, and analysis, Marsh’s book has received much praise and is an excellent complement to Ian McHarg’s Design with Nature (Wiley, 1995).
This Fourth Edition incorporates the rapid expansions taking place in the field. It addresses several topics of concern in both public and private sectors such as flooding wetlands, species conservation, and groundwater. Readers will also discover how physical geography, planning, and landscape architecture relate to environmental problems and issues.
* An overview of environmental topics as applied to development, land use, and environmental problems of the landscape
* Focuses on landscape processes, systems, forms, and analysis
* Places greater emphasis on urban environments and site-scale problems
* Arms the reader with a collection of best management practices, which can be applied in the field
* Presents updated case studies that examine planning and design problems
Table of Contents
1. Landscape Planning: Roots, Problems, and Content
2. The Physiographic Framework of the United States and Canada
3. Landscape Form and Function in Planning
4. Topography, Slopes, and Land Use Planning
5. Soil, Land Use Suitability, and Waste Disposal
6. Soils and Wastewater Disposal Systems
7. Groundwater, Land Use, and Aquifer Protection
8. Stormwater Discharge, Water Management, and Landscape Change
9. Watersheds, Drainage Nets, and Land use
10. Streamflow, River Valleys, and Flood Hazard
11. Water Quality, Runoff, and Land Use
12. Soil Erosion, Land Use, and Stream Sedimentation
13. Best Management Practices, Watersheds, and Development Sites
14. Streams, Channel Forms, and the Riparian Landscape
15. Shoreline Processes, Sand Dunes, and Coastal Zone Management
16. Sun Angles, Solar Heating, and Environment
17. Microclimate, Air Pollution, and Urban Environment
18. Ground Frost, Permafrost, Land Use, and Environment
19. Vegetation, Land Use, and Environmental Assessment
20. Landscape Ecology, Land Use, and Habitat Conservation Planning
21. Wetlands, Habitat, and Land Use Planning
Appendix A: U.S. and Canadian Soil Classification Systems
Appendix B: Landforms and Soil Materials and Their Drainage Characteristics
Appendix C: U.S. Raw Surface Water Standards for Public Water Supplies
Appendix D: U.S. National Air Quality Standards
Appendix E: U.S. Noise Standards
Appendix F: Common and Scientific Names of North American Wetland Plants
- Trade Paperback
- Publication date:
- John Wiley & Sons
- 280 mm
- 217 mm
- 16.1 mm
- Grade Range:
- College/higher educa
- Number of Units:
- Copyright Year:
- UPC Code:
- Landscape design
- Land use
- Land use — Planning — Environmental aspects.
- Landscape protection
- Landscape architecture